NJ Online Casinos Slowed The New Games Count Down A Bit In June
While June saw several NJ online casinos make some major additions to their gaming libraries, there were quite a few that didn’t add any games at all. Guess they must be on vacation like everyone else?!?
Overall, there are some great new games to try out, and three casinos have now hit the 500-game mark, providing lots of options for you. Take a look at how your favorite casinos are doing, and find out more about all the new games at NJ online casinos for some summer fun.
Golden Nugget refuses to give up its lead in the NJ race to have the most games. Another 10 titles were added in June, bringing its total to 563. The slot count stands at 505, with 19 blackjack, 21 video poker, and 18 table games making up the rest.
The most interesting of Golden Nugget’s new offerings are Chili Chili Fire — a south of the border slot with a unique Fadeaway feature; Kronos Unleashed—with Power Up symbols, a Boxing feature, Lightning Respins and 5 jackpots; and, The Monkey Prince — with its Monkey Prince Mask feature, Stacked Wilds and a Free Spins bonus game where you get to choose your Wild feature.
And if you’ve got a free moment to spare from watching World Cup games, check out Top Strike Championship, a soccer-themed slot that has escalating bonuses, with the ultimate being the Knockout Stage Bonus. You have to pick a winner during four tournament rounds, and if your chosen team wins, you will advance to the next state. The farther you go, the bigger the prize.
Well, after a whopper of a month in April (61 new games), 888 Casino has slowed its roll. May brought one new slot, and June saw silence from the site.
As it stands, this NJ online casino has 158 total games: 150 slots, three blackjack variations, and five table games.
Virgin is moving along at its own pace and must not believe in keeping up with the Jones’. This year has only brought a few games per month to the site, and June slowed down to just one addition: Archangels: Salvation.
With this game, you have plenty to play for, as the return to player is 96.08 percent and the maximum payout is a whopping $750,000, very rare amongst online slots. The game features Hot Spots, which when combined with Wilds will get you to the Heaven or Hell features, both of which earn you multiple Wilds for big wins. There is also a Free Spins bonus game where Stacked Wilds appear and your Hot Spots increase.
At the end of the month, totals for Virgin were 197 slots, six each for video poker and blackjack, and 10 table games, equaling 219 games.
Caesars continues its march to the 500 mark with the addition of 10 new games last month. While it is a slowdown from last month (16 new titles), Caesars is well on pace to joining the three other NJ online casinos that have achieved a gaming library of more than 500 titles. With 437 slots, nine blackjack variations, 22 video poker games (the most of any of these casinos), and 10 table games, it sits at 478 total.
The most recent additions to the site’s gaming library include:
- Elephant King: An IGT creation with elephants, rhinos, zebras, and gazelles acting as symbols. There’s a special Wild Elephant that awards a Prize Disk feature (bonus win, free spins or extra wins). These prizes are 500X to 10,000X your bet and are on a rotation above the reels. Each spin, they rotate once to the left. If you hit the Wild Elephant, you win the prize that is above it on the reels. There’s also a Wild symbol (shield) that appears on reels 2, 3 and 4. Also of note is the max payout on this slot, which is a whopping $800,000!
- Riverboat Queen: This slot takes you back to the days of gambling riverboats that trolled the Mississippi. There is no Wild symbol, nor is there a typical Scatter, but there is a Bonus symbol, 3 of which can trigger the Wheel Bonus, with prizes ranging from 200 coins to free spins. This slot also has a Progressive Jackpot. While you have to have the max bet to get that, any combination of 4 or more Riverboat Queen symbols will get you a hefty prize (from 120 to 20,000 credits).
- The Big Easy: Featuring all things NOLA — seafood platter, a tumbler of bourbon, musical poster as well as instruments, a jazz singer and trumpet player. The neon Big Easy sign serves as the Wild, while the crescent moon is the Scatter symbol that can trigger the Free Spins Bonus Game. You’ll start off in the French Quarter where you choose a Jazz Club — this will determine your free spins (8-25). Then you head inside the club to choose an instrument — this will determine your multiplier (2X-10X). Then spin away for some Big Easy wins!
While Betfair did add a number of new slots during the month of June, it also seemed to do a purge, getting rid of unpopular or underperforming games. The net result is a loss of 19 games, leaving the NJ online casino with 370 total. It still has a good selection of slots (338), along with seven blackjack games, 11 video poker options, and 14 table games.
Among Betfair’s newest slots are:
- Celestial King: A slot with an ethereal Asian theme, where some of the symbols carry dollar amounts. If you should get 3 on a payline, you’ll win that dollar amount. Five or more Scatters will trigger a Celestial King Respin feature, during which the columns totally change into a 3-4-5-6-7 configuration. There are also3 jackpots available to win.
- Triple Cash Wheel: This is a combination of old-school slots and Wheel of Fortune. You have single, double and triple 7s, single Bar, Bar/5, Bells and Cherries. There’s also the Wild, Scatter, and QuickHit symbols. Above your 5 reels sit three Cash Wheels. At the completion of any spin, these may randomly activate. You will start by selecting boxes until 3 matching symbols appear, which will determine your number of spins and the multiplier. Then the wheel will spin, awarding you cash or Free Games. Our other bonus feature is the QuickHit symbol, where 3 or more pay and you can get up to 1500x your bet if you hit 9!
- Wild Wild Gems: Wild Wild Gems takes it old school with a 3-reel slot and only 9 paylines. Symbols are nothing more than single, double and triple 7s and single and double Bars, as well as a Wild Jackpot (Sapphire) and a 2x Wild Jackpot (Ruby). There is no Scatter, no Free Spins, no extra features. This is a very simplistic retro game that your grandparents would have played back in the day, which makes it kinda fun to play.
On again and off again, that appears to be the modus operandi of Pala. April brought no new games, May brought six, and June went back down to zero. This means that Pala’s game numbers are holding at:
- 225 slots
- 4 blackjack
- 8 video poker
- 5 table games
Tropicana hasn’t been very aggressive this year when it comes to adding slots to its online casino.
It’s been a slow go and June brought a complete stoppage — no new games added. That leaves Tropicana with 225 total games, including:
- 199 slots
- 8 blackjack
- 8 video poker
- 10 table games
June was the month that Mohegan Sun topped 500 games in its library, making it one of only three NJ online casinos to do so.
During that time, it added nine new slot titles to bring its total to 508. Mohegan Sun currently has 10 table games, 10 blackjack variations, 20 video poker games, and 468 slots.
Their newest titles include:
- Fruit Spin: Here you’ll find mouth-watering cherries, raspberries, boysenberries, pomegranates and limes, along with single, double and triple bars, and a bar/7 combo. There are no Wilds in regular play, but the Scatters appear in a 3×3 grid. If any part of the grid appears, then you trigger the Lucky Wheels feature, which can payout cash awards and lead you to the Free Spins bonus round. Here you will find Wilds appearing in a 3×3 grid, making for some spectacular wins.
- Monopoly Mega Movers: This latest Monopoly version features lots of game pieces, including T Rex, penguin, duck, cat, Scotty dog, battleship, race car, train, and top hat. Wilds only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4, but occasionally they pop up as Directional Wilds. These special Wilds have one or more arrows, and the Wild will expand in that direction, increasing your chance to win. While there is no Free Spins bonus game, there is an Extra Bet Wheel feature, which will cost you 150 percent of your bet. When this feature is activated, if you get 3, 4 or 5 backgrounds appearing on adjacent reels, you will be awarded a spin on the corresponding wheel. You can win an upgrade (spin of the next highest wheel), random Wilds, Free Spins or a Jackpot, of which there are five.
- Smokin’ Hot Gems: This is a very retro game that looks just like the one-arm bandits your grandma used to play back in the day, complete with bells, bars, and 7s. The big difference is the 3 types of Wilds, which help with basic wins. However, should you get 3 of a kind, the stakes get much bigger. Three Topaz Wilds on a payline wins the 3rd tier Progressive Jackpot, three Ruby Wilds win the 2nd tier and three Diamond Double Wilds wins the 1st tier. Get a mixture of these three on any payline to win the fourth tier progressive jackpot.
Resorts Casino is one of only three NJ online casinos with more than 500 games, and it bumped that up in June with nine more titles, all slots. Among the new games:
- Archangels: Salvation
- Dragon’s Gems
- Fruit Spin
- Monopoly Mega Movers
- Smokin’ Hot Gems
- Sword of Destiny
- Top Strike Championship
- Triple Cash Wheel
- Twin Spin Deluxe
Total game library at Resorts includes 478 slots, 10 blackjack, 20 video poker options, and 10 table games, for a grand total of 518.
We are now into the fourth month of no changes to Harrah’s online casino. No additions of slots, blackjack, table games or video poker. Its total game count stands at 103.
During May, playMGM added 13 new slots and four live dealer games, for a total of 17. June brought the same numbers, although all new 17 titles are in the slot category. Among its new games are:
- Acorn Pixie: Based on the mythical creature of folklore, you’ll find a Wild pixie, Bonus pixie, plus 3 ordinary pixies (are any of them really ordinary though?). That Wild pixie can at times turn into a Cluster Wild, adding a 2×2 grid of Wild symbols to your reel. There is an Acorn Pixie Bonus, where you get seven free spins on an expanded reel set (5×6). During the bonus game, golden acorns will land on random squares, revealing the background and turning into a Wild. These become Sticky Wilds and remain the rest of the bonus spins. There is also a Buy a Bonus option, during which more Wilds are added, meaning there is potential to win big here.
- Dancing Drums: This slot features all things Asian. Symbols include a Fu dog, gold Chinese coin, Chinese junk, a golden bowl, and flowers, plus the 9-Ace. The drum acts as a Scatter and there is also a gold/red Wild symbol. Three or more scatters, starting on reel 1 and on a winning payline, take you to the Free Spins bonus game, where you will have 5 options to choose from. These include 15 spins on a 3×5 grid up to 3 spins on a 6×5 grid, plus a Mystery Pick. There are also four jackpots which can be won through the Fu Babies Jackpot Bonus. This is a randomly assigned bonus based on the gold Wilds you collect along the way.
- Flame: The main character of Flame is just that… a flaming redhead a la Jessica Rabbit. This game features Wilds on reels 2-3-4, with Bonus Wilds appearing during Firestorm, one of the seven mini-features that this game offers. Three or more Bonus symbols or Bonus Wild symbols will get you 15 Free Spins, where you will find Expanding Wilds.
SugarHouse may have had one slow month in May, but the rest of the year it has been pretty aggressive in its game additions. June brought 13 new titles, bringing its total to 451, of which 424 are slot titles. Among its new titles are:
- Dragon’s Gems: Here you’ll face off with the fucanglong, a mythical Chinese dragon who closely guards buried treasure. This slot features Win Spins, meaning every spin will generate a win. There are also Wilds, which double a winning payline, Multipliers, and a Free Spins bonus game where you get to choose from 3 different options for play: 16 spins + 2x multiplier, eight spins with 4x multiplier, or 4 spins with 8x multiplier. And, each spin is guaranteed a win during this round as well.
- Hotline: Open up this game and it cues a city scene and opening credits of a TV show, a la Miami Vice. You’re introduced to two detectives reminiscent of Crocket and Tubbs. This game features the typical Scatter, as well as a Wild. The real treat with this game is the Hotline Bonus Bet. Players automatically have the center line activated as a Hotline, meaning that should a Wild hit, it will become an Expanding Wild and will remain through as many re-spins that award a win. Additionally, you can add Hotlines by clicking on the symbol to the left of the first or third line. Add one Hotline, and it doubles your bet; add two Hotlines and it will triple your bet.
- Wilds Deluxe: This is a rather simplistic game. Wins are awarded for three or more of a kind that is adjacent, be it left to right, right to left or middle. Symbols include a gold pocket watch, strand of emeralds, silver coins, gold bars, jewelry box, sapphire, ruby, and diamond. There is also a vault that serves as the Wild and substitutes for any of the symbols. If this Wild shows up on the middle reel, the vault will open and reveal a multiplier to add to your winnings. There are no Free Spins bonus game or other features.
Borgata continues to plump up its game library, seeing 16 new additions during the month of June. All were slot titles, including Acorn Pixie, Archangels: Salvation, Dancing Drums, Dragon’s Gems, five Slingo titles, and Reel Steal.
This last title just made its way onto NJ online casinos last week. The mob-themed slot looks like it’s right out of the 1970s, including cars, outfits, and the music. Symbols include items that you would associate with cops and robbers: a bag of cash, safe full of gold, gun/passport, camera/film, a suitcase with a diamond.
There are also several characters, both cops and bad guys. The Wild is represented by a 1970s yellow Dodge Charger and all wins the wild are paid at 5x. Scatter is a bundle of dynamite. Three or more trigger Free Spins, from 15 to 25, depending on how many symbols you get. Each Scatter that lands during Free Spins earns one extra spin, which can really rack up the $$$$.
As of this writing, Borgata had 310 slot titles, four blackjack variations, 12 video poker games, and four table games, for a total of 330 games.