With everyone working hard to get their online sportsbooks up and running in the Garden State, there was little time to add new slots. So it’s slim pickings when it comes to new games to play. But we’ve scouted them out for you and you can find some interesting slots at a variety of online casinos in New Jersey.
A few casinos added only one game
The leader of the pack, in terms of total games, came up short in July, also adding just one new title: Money Rain.
This new slot has 25,000 ways to win though. There are eight symbols represented by currency, ranging from $1 to $500, as well as a Free Spins symbol and a dollar sign. Get a minimum of four matching symbols, anywhere on the reels, for a win. Another way to win is for a dollar sign to show up. During regular play, this will be green. It will awaken the Money Reel to the right of the reels. The Money Reel will spin and land on a symbol. All dollar signs are replaced with this currency to help you make a match. (During Free Spins play, this dollar sign is blue.)
Speaking of Free Spins, get three or more symbols to play this bonus round. You can actually get as many as 6 symbols, which will award 50 free spins. The other unique bonus feature here is the Good, Better, Best feature. During regular play, you can change your bet amount by selecting this feature. It will increase the number of free spins that may be triggered during Free Spin play.
- Good: four more spins
- Better: six more spins
- Best: eight more spins.
Each level will cost you – of course.
With this one addition, Golden Nugget has 506 slots, 19 blackjack variations, 21 video poker games, and 18 table games. It should be noted that Golden Nugget did add four additional live dealer tables to its online casino, bringing those total offerings to 11.
Caesars’ newest game is Dragon’s Law Twin Fever. This Konami creation builds on the popularity of the original brick-and-mortar slot Dragon’s Law. You’ll find this game loaded with good fortune, from the symbols—lucky pig, Chinese coins—to the Dragon’s Law bonus feature. There are the typical Wilds (represented by the Star symbol) and a Yin/Yang Scatter symbol, as well as a Free Spins Bonus Game.
The key to big wins will be the Dragon’s Law feature, which is randomly triggered. When unleashed, one or both of the dragons will come down onto the reels, snaking around and turning multiple symbols into Wilds. This can occur during your Free Spins bonus as well, and they tend to be more active during that round.
Caesars now stands at 478 total games in its library: 438 slots, nine blackjack, 22 video poker, and 10 table games.
Betfair had a net loss of 19 games and only one new addition during the month of July. One table game went by the wayside, as did 19 slot titles. Its newest addition is Renegades.
This NextGen game features five strong female warriors — Raffaela Blaze, Harriet Hellstorm, Freya: Valkyrie of Valhalla, Valda Dragonslayer, Ivy Sabreclaw — as well as Mega Symbols. This feature is a variation on Stacked Symbols, but can be as large as three symbols high and three reels across, allowing for some massive wins. Three or more Scatter symbols take you to the Free Spins Bonus Game, where you’ll have one of the renegades by your side to help conquer winning paylines.
Betfair now has a total of 338 slot titles, 7 blackjack variations, 11 video poker games and 14 table games, for a total of 370.
A few added more than one new game
- Sword of Destiny: With this game, you’ll find a jewel-encrusted sword that acts as the Wild, which can become an ExpandedWildor a Clumped Wild thanks to several of the four features that can be triggered in the base game. Should you get three Golden Coins, you will trigger the Temple Tower Jackpot, an unusual bonus round that contains a ladder with 16 steps containing cash prizes and 3 jackpots.
- The Wild Life: This slot takes place on the African savannah with a backlit red sky. You’ll encounter zebra, rhinos, elephants, giraffes and lions, as well as the Jack-Ace. The Wild, which appears on reels 2/3/4 only, can expand to fill the whole reel when it is part of a winning payline. Speaking of which, there are only 10 paylines, but they do pay left to right and right to left. The map of Africa serves as your Scattersymbol, three or more triggering the Free Spins Bonus Round. During that round, those Expanding Wilds turn into Sticky Wilds and hold in place for the duration of your spins (which can be retriggered).
- King of Atlantis: This game features King Poseidon and his watery realm, including a Triton Bonus symbol, his crown and ring, and other various remnants from the realm of Atlantis. You’ll find Stacked Symbols and Super Stacked Wilds, also known as Gigantic Wilds. These manifest as large as 2 reels wide and 5 rows long, significantly increasing your chances of winning. And should you want to really take advantage of these Gigantic Wilds, you can place a Wild Side Bet to increase their presence.
- Baywatch: This is a throwback to the 1990s with a slot based on the Baywatch series starring David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Yasmine Bleeth, and David Charvet. All four actors make an appearance in this more traditional 5-reel slot. Each spin randomly pairs two lifeguards, which can trigger the Teamwork. This is where the pair shows up as one team symbol, which can enhance your win. There’s the Wild Wave —appearing on reels 2, 3, and 4 only and will expand randomly — and the Bonus symbol, similarly placed on reels 2, 3, and 4. You’ll need 3 to enter the Free Spins round, where you will select two lifeguards to create your own team. Your choices will determine the number of free spins and which symbols will become stacked. So, get ready to hit the beach!
These two “sister” casinos both added the same five games during July:
- Black Diamond
- Queen of the Castle
- Riverboat Queen
- Kronos Unleashed
- Mighty Black Knight
Resorts is the leader of the two in overall games with 523 total (483 slots, 10 blackjack, 20 video poker, and 10 table games). Mohegan Sun has 513 in its gaming library; the difference being 10 less slot titles.
Two new additions made their way onto the playMGM NJ online casino in July:
- Wild-O-Tron: Here robots make up the bulk of the symbols. There are Stacked Symbols and a Wild, but no Scatter or Free Spins Bonus Round. What it does have is a Wild-O-Tron feature that can transform and or all of the robots into Wild symbols, which can really impact the cash value of winning paylines.
- Joker 1000 Deluxe: This game cues up like you are sitting in an actual casino. The full slot machine is visible, from the top section with symbols and payout amounts to the reels themselves. There are only five symbols on a 3×3 reel set with five paylines, and you must get three of a kind to play. There is also a Joker, which requires just 2 for a win, and they can be located anywhere on the reels. The more Jokers, the higher the pay. There is also a complicated Supermeterfeature and a more typical Gamble feature, providing a bit of excitement and an extra layer of chance.
At the end of the month, playMGM had 329 slots, 3 blackjack, 12 video poker, and 5 table games, for a total of 349.
SugarHouse is the big winner this month with the largest number of new gaming titles in its online casino. By adding nine new slots, PlaySugarhouse now has 460 games available, including 433 slots, 5 blackjack variations, 15 video poker titles, and seven table games.
Among its newest offerings are:
- Black Diamond
- Buccaneers Bay
- Huolong Valley
- Monkey Prince
- Dancing Drums
- Olympus Thunder
- Reel Steal
- Wilds Deluxe
- Witch Pickings
Borgata has added three new titles, bringing its gaming library up to 333. They now have 313 slots, four blackjack variations, 12 video poker games and four table games.
Among Borgata’s newest offerings are:
- Fantastic Fireworks: Here you’ll find Floating Reels — a variation of Cascading Reels, wins that include chains that intersect and create special bonus fireworks, and a Rocket Meter. That Rocket Meter gets filled in two different ways during regular play and can lead to either a Free Spins Bonus — which can be retriggered — or the Cannon Bonus. This fun and entertaining game has lots of bells and whistles and the opportunity to win often.
- Lost Relics: With an archaeology theme, you’ll journey into the past to search for treasure a la Indiana Jones. Wins are based on Cluster Pays rather than traditional paylines with 6 or more constituting a win. During regular play, there are also three random features that can occur during a win: Coin Win, Extra Wild, and Extra Scatter. You can get up to 5 instances of these random features. There is a Free Spin bonus round where you will find that a chest occupies a number of spaces behind your symbols. Winning clusters reveal what is behind each symbol and remain visible through the duration of Free Spins. Each subsequent spin reveals more spaces. Once you have found the complete chest, you will be rewarded with Extra Free Spins, Sticky Wild or a Coin Win. Then the spaces are reset and a new chest is hidden at random. A fun take on a treasure hunt!
- Himalayas: Roof of the World: This game focuses on the remote mountains that hold a special place in the hearts and minds of climbers and mystics alike. This game features a Snow Slide Bonus, Free Spins Bonus round, and a Big Bet feature. You’ll find that the Big Bet feature increases your chance of triggering the Free Spins bonus round with only 2 symbols and offers potentially more ways to win with increased in your stake. Cost of the Big Bet feature is $20, $30 or $50. The bigger the bet, the more benefits you receive, like low paying symbols being removed from the reels and additional Wilds showing up.
But three NJ online casinos had nothing new
Three casinos had no changes during the month of July, a trend that is now months-long for two of them. 888 Casino maintains 150 slot titles, three blackjack variations, and five table games for a total of 158. The gaming library at Harrah’s still stands at 103, with 98 slots, one blackjack variation, and four table games.
Meanwhile, over at Pala, the online casino has 242 games in its library, with 225 slots, four blackjack, eight video poker, and five table games.