NJ Online Casinos Add A Truckload Of New Games To Their Collections
It’s springtime and despite the occasional cold days and some rain, New Jersey is seeing the light at the end of the winter tunnel.
But for those of you still stuck indoors, there are plenty of new games at NJ online casinos to keep you occupied and happy. March was a big month for most of the NJ online casinos, with two adding more than 30 new slot titles to their lineup. So check out what’s happening at your favorite casinos and see which new games pique your interest.
Golden Nugget continues to be the leader of the pack in game totals, slots, blackjack, and table games. It broke the 500-game mark in March and now has 456 slot titles, 16 blackjack variations, 21 video poker options, and 18 table games, for a grand (and impressive) total of 511.
The biggest news to come out of Golden Nugget was the addition of Live Dealer Casino Floor Roulette. This means that for the first time ever, gamblers can bet on the outcome of a game that is actually being played on the casino floor… without having to be there! Until now, all Live Dealer games were via studio and limited to specific hours (2 p.m. to 3 a.m. EST).
Now, you will be able to bet on games with live players from the casino floor itself AND you can do it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Golden Nugget also added five virtual sports games to its game library, along with new slot titles Pay of the Dead, Gong Xi Fa Cai, WonderHounds, Crowning Glory, Fruit Spin and Tetris Super Jackpots.
Betfair also spent the month of March really ramping up its offerings. It topped 888 Casino NJ by adding 35 new titles to its library, some new games as well as some popular standards. This brings Betfair’s total game count to 360 and places the casino squarely in the center of the pack of the 13 NJ online casinos when it comes to the sheer number of play options.
Betfair has debuted its Live Dealer format, featuring blackjack (three tables), roulette, multiview roulette, and baccarat. You will find its Live Dealer lobby open from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. every day.
Among the newest slot titles are:
- Tetris Super Jackpots — based on the popular 1980s arcade game
- Gong Xi Fa Cai — featuring low stakes betting and a Chinese New Year theme
- Monopoly on the Money — with Chance Card Bonus and Big Bet option
- Fruit Spins — with a Free Spins bonus round that features 3×3 grids of Wild symbols.
Virgin, like sister site Tropicana, added just a few new games during March. While the NJ online casino finally broke the 200-barrier in February, it will be slow going to 300 at this snail’s pace.
But what Virgin NJ does offer among its 208 games are some great titles, many exclusive to Virgin and Tropicana.
In addition to the three new exclusive games shared with Tropicana (mentioned below), Virgin also brought in several other titles, including Fruit Spin, Family Feud, Spinning Dragons, and Lock It Link Nightlife. This last game lets you spend a luxurious night on the town featuring fast sports cars, champagne, yachts, and gold coins, among other high-end items. Featuring five reels and 50 paylines, this is a very affordable slot, with bets ranging from 50 cents to $45.
There are the typical Wilds and Scatters, the latter of which awards 5x your total bet and the choice of features: Free Spins or the Lock It Link Bonus Round. Additionally, Red Hearts can award a multiplier of up to 100x your bet in the base game and Gold Hearts can lead to one of four jackpot prizes.
Caesars casino is sitting in the No. 4 slot right now in terms of total game count, with 438. It is able to boast having the most video poker options with 22, while also offering 397 slots, nine blackjack, and 10 table games.
More than a dozen new games made their way onto the site in March, including three Slingo titles — Slingo XXXTreme, Slingo Reel Bonus, and Slingo Riches. These games are a slot/bingo hybrid played on a 5×5 grid. Each bet/spin provides for 11 number drawings to potentially fill your Slingo card. Jokers act similarly to Wilds and allow you to mark off any number of your choice in the column in which it lands, while Super Jokers allow you to mark off a number in any column. There’s also a Free Spin — where you get an extra spin and a cash prize — and the Devil, who blocks a match.
Bonus: If you come close to a win at the end of the 11 spins, you have the option of purchasing additional spins to finish up a line and make a win.
It was yet another big month for 888. In February, the casino added 10 new slot offerings, which is considered a decent amount by all standards. However, it far surpassed that in March by adding another 30 slots plus one new blackjack and one new table game. 888 Casino NJ’s totals now stand at 147 games, with 139 slots, three blackjack options, and five table games.
With such a wealth of new games, there is not enough space to list them all. We can tell you that they have added fan favorites such as Gonzo’s Quest, Jack Hammer, Pyramid, and Wild Wild West, as well as the following newer titles:
- Emoji Planet: Here you’ll find the infamous poop emoji, a crying emoji, alien head, hearts, slice of pizza and more. Instead of traditional paylines, this slot pays on Clusters with Cascading Symbols. The game also has five Emoji Features, each with a different kind of payout.
- Steam Tower: The bonus game is the highlight here, taking place in a 16-story tower. Every time a Wild shows up on a spin, you move up one level and get 2 more spins. Every three levels get you an additional multiplier as well. Make it to the top and you’ll get a 1,000-coin bonus (x your bet level), plus your free spin winnings.
- Planet of the Apes: An intriguing 10-reel game that encompasses two movie titles: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. The reels feature many of your favorite characters, as well as Stacked Wilds, a bonus feature, and Free Spins bonus round.
- Secret of the Stones: Based on Stonehenge and mystical Celtic symbols, this slot features the Tree of Life (Scatter), Wizard (Wild), a deer, owl, bull, wolf, and snake — all with Celtic knots embedded in them — as well as Ten-Ace etched from metal. Get 3 or more Scatters and proceed to the Free Spins bonus round. But first, you will select from 20 stones to reveal your bonus features, which range from extra free spins to multipliers and extra Wilds or Wild reels.
It looks like Pala may have done some housecleaning during the month of March, losing one blackjack and one table game, along with more than 20 slot titles. They did add some new games, but overall they have a net loss. The total game count is now 236, with 219 slots, four blackjack, eight video poker, and five table games.
Pala added several older titles last months, such as The Codfather, Mata Hari, and Royal Elephant, but at the same time brought in some brand new titles, including:
- Great Tiger: Fierce is the word for this Everi slot with an Asian theme. This game boasts 4,096 paylines over 6 reels, something that is almost unheard of in today’s slots. Features include Stacked Symbols, a Firecracker Wild, and the Free Spins Bonus.
- Wild Wild Gems: This slot takes it old school with a 3-reel slot and only 9 paylines. Symbols are nothing more than single, double and triple 7s and single and double Bars, as well as a Wild Jackpot (Sapphire) and a 2x Wild Jackpot (Ruby). There is no Scatter, no Free Spins, no extra features. This is a very simplistic retro game that your grandparents would have played back in the day, which makes it kinda fun to play.
Not too many changes at Tropicana, which is holding in the low 200s. The online casino in NJ added several new slots bringing that total to 187. Blackjack, video poker and table games remained the same, so Tropicana NJ is showing a total of 212 games on its site.
Three of the new slot titles are exclusive to Tropicana and sister site Virgin (mentioned above). They are:
- Treasures from the Gods: The slot pulls from the ancient gods and features Aphrodite, Ares, Athena, Hades and Zeus. Zeus pays with only 1 symbol in the first position, while several of the other gods pay out with just 2 symbols on a payline. The Wild (Golden Griffin) shows up frequently which helps, and if you get just 2 Scatters on a payline, they pay well.
- Monopoly Money in the Hand: This slot features 5 reels and 243 paylines and your favorite characters — Mr. Monopoly (aka Rich Uncle Pennybags), top hat, cat, and the Scotty dog, along with 3 different stacks of cash, each with a multiplier attached. There are Wild and Scatter symbols, as well as a Free Spins bonus game that comes with a Chance Card bonus at the end. You’ll also find the Big Bet option, where you can pay to play.
- Diamond Bonanza: This slot has an Art Deco theme running throughout, from background to music to the very symbols themselves. While this slot only has 5 paylines, there are also only 5 symbols, with three of those five paying out for just 2 in a row. There is no bonus game here, but this is a progressive slot. The progressive jackpot can be won by getting 3 diamonds on the 5th reel, hence the name Diamond Bonanza.
Sitting comfortably in 3rd place among all NJ online casinos in terms of total games, Mohegan Sun continues its upward trajectory by bringing in 18 new games in March. In addition to 16 new slots, the casino also added one each to its video poker and table game arsenal. The total game count stands at 468, of which 430 are slot titles.
Among the newest offerings are:
- Dragon Wins: Reels are set on a stone tablet in an unusual 3-4-5-4-3 configuration and symbols include 4 dragons, 5 jewels of varying colors and shapes, along with the typical Wild and Scatter. The game features a Free Spins round, where you will find more reels and more Wilds available, and a special bonus called Dragon Spins.
- Samurai Split: Set on a beautiful watercolor background, this slot has a few unique features. The first is the Warrior Spin, which is randomly rewarded. Then there is the Split: any symbol in a winning payline can be split by a Samurai warrior. In fact, you might even get multiple splits on one spin, which can increase your prize up to 32x. This split also comes into play with Scatters. Theoretically, you can win up to 480 free spins if all 5 scatters appear and are split. That’s probably a long shot but certainly worth giving the game a go.
- Pay of the Dead: This colorful slot has mariachi music in the background and features a Chihuahua as the Wild. There’s also a Lucha Libre-inspired Chihuahua that is a Special Wild and when it hits it will randomly assign a multiplier to your win, from 2x to 10x. There is also a Free Spins round and a Red Hot Respin feature.
Shufflin’, shufflin’, every day I’m shuffling… Not only catchy lyrics and a reference to poker, but that’s how Resorts is changing up its game library. While the NJ online casino added 10 titles to its slot database, it deleted 12 for a net loss of 2. They also deleted one table game but added a blackjack variation.
Sitting solidly in second place behind Golden Nugget, Resorts has 440 slots, nine blackjack options, 20 video poker games, and nine table games, for a grand total of 478.
The March additions to its lineup include the following:
- Great Tiger
- High Voltage Blackout
- Pay of the Dead
- Slingo XXXTreme
- Samurai Split
- Secret of the Stones
- Dragon Wins
- Finn and the Swirly Spin
After a big February, BetMGM casino online stayed on that upward trajectory by adding 16 new slots and one new table game during March. That ambitious endeavor brought the online casino ever closer to the 300-mark. Just one game back from Borgata, BetMGM is also in the middle of the pack with a total of 291 games in its library.
Among the new games added to BetMGM’s library is a trio from the Emerald Isle: Irish Eyes, Irish Eyes II, and Irish Eyes II Scratch, the latter being a scratchcard game that resembles Keno and is played on a 3×3 grid. Look for BetMGM to add five virtual sports games during the month of April.
Harrah’s continues to run hot and cold. No new game additions in January, then over a dozen in February, and then in March, it was radio silent again. So Harrah’s total game count remains at 103.
Borgata online casino hasn’t quite reached the level of Betfair and 888, but it did manage to up its total game count by 12. Borgata, in fact, is closing in on the 300-mark with 272 slots, four blackjack, 12 video poker options, and 14 table games, for a grand total of 292 games.
It is the seventh NJ online casino to add virtual sports — computer-generated games where the odds do not change as additional bets are made, unlike real sports betting. Borgata added all five VS offerings:
- Cars: 12 cars race 2 laps around Parkway International Speedway. Bets: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, and Trifecta.
- Motorcycles: 5 competitors race one lap at the Jersey Shore Speedbowl. Bets: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, and Trifecta.
- Horses: 16 horse racing one lap around the track. Bets: Win, Place, Show, Exacta and Trifecta.
- Greyhounds: 6 dogs racing one lap at Chairman’s Greyhound Park. Bets: Win, Place, Show, Exacta and Trifecta.
- Soccer: 19 teams, with 2 competing in each event. Matches are up to 2 minutes with highlight reels. Bets: Correct Score, Match Betting (who will win, lose draw), Total Goals, Over/Under 2.5 Goals, Halftime Score, First Team to Score and Last Team to Score.
Also new are Wild Dodo, Sweet Hawaii, Mighty Black Knight, Monopoly on the Money, Fruit Spin and Tetris Super Jackpots, among others.
SugarHouse slowed the pace a bit in March with the addition of six new games to its library. The NJ online casino is still in the thick of it with 421 total games, 90 less than the leader, but 80 more than its nearest competitor. Next month, SugarHouse just might break the 400-slot barrier. We shall see!
All titles added to the SugarHouse game library were new:
- Fruit Spin
- Monopoly Money in Hand
- Pay of the Dead
- Wild Dodo
- Samurai Split
- Slingo XXXTreme