Beat The Winter Blues With A Flood Of New Games At NJ Online Casinos
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow last month, indicating six more weeks of winter. So what’s a person to do?
How about taking advantage of all the new games at NJ online casinos that launched during the month of February? There were more than 120 additions to the 13 casinos we were able to track, not to mention one that just hit the 500 games mark (we’re looking at you, Golden Nugget).
So I think you’ll be able to find a thing or two (or three) that will take your mind off the rain, sleet, snow, and generally cold weather.
February was a big month for 888 Casino with the addition of 10 new slots to their game library. The majority of these games are classics in the industry, such as Da Vinci Diamonds, Cleopatra and Triple Diamond. The NJ online casino also added a trifecta of Wheel of Fortune Games, based on the popular TV game show:
- Wheel of Fortune on Tour: The group hits the road in a yellow Winnebago, making stops in some of the most iconic spaces in the US. Lots of bonus features and big jackpot wins are possible.
- Wheel of Fortune Ultra 5 Reels: Here you get 3D reels, Stacked Wilds, and breathtaking bonus features, along with the memorable host and hostess of the show.
- Wheel of Fortune Triple Extreme Spin: A modified reel set, 720 ways to win, and a Triple Extreme Bonus make this game worth some time.
As 888 Casino heads into March, it has a total game count of 114, with 108 slots, two blackjack games, and four table games. Still one of the smaller NJ online casinos, but it’s making some headway and pumping up the volume, so to speak.
Betfair NJ online casino has been really ramping it up in February, with the addition of dozens of new slot offerings, bringing its game total up to 315 (including blackjack, video poker, and table games). The slot count stands at 292, and while many of the additions are older titles, there are some brand new — and really fun — slots now available at Betfair. Among these new games at NJ online casinos are:
- Wild Dodo: Head to paradise with this tropically themed game from Side City Studios. Symbols include the flora and fauna of sunnier climates and the Jack–Ace symbols are made from carved totems. Our Wild Dodo can appear anywhere, but should he land on the center reel he will expand and provide you with three additional spins. Get three golden dodo eggs (Scatter) and you’ll head to the Dodo’s Nest Free Games, with up to 20 spins and a 3x multiplier.
- Robin Hood Prince of Tweets: Enter Nottingham Forest where our merry band of avian thieves makes their home. You’ll find our hero, Robin Hood, the Princess, Friar Tuck (owl), as well as related symbols like a quiver and bag of gold. The game has a Robin Hood Arrow feature, Free Spin games round, and a Super Bet option, which requires an additional wager but can reap some hefty bags of gold.
- Baywatch: Based on the popular TV show of the 1990s, this slot features original cast members David Hasselhoff, Pamela Anderson, Yasmine Bleeth, and David Charvet. There’s a Teamwork feature, a Wild Wave — that can expand full reel height and two reels wide — and a Free Spins bonus round.
Borgata NJ online casino added more than 10 slots last month, bringing its total game offerings to 280. At this pace, the casino will hit the 300 mark before spring!
The majority of those additions are brand new titles, with two that standouts. Steam Tower, a Steampunk-themed slot from NetEnt, is right out of 19th-century Victorian England and centers around the industrial-looking tower, hence the name. You’ll find five reels and 15 paylines, along with Expanding Wilds and the typical Scatter. This slot only requires two Scatters to enter the Free Spins Bonus Round, where you enter the 16-story tower.
Your goal is to make it to the top; the higher you go, the more you win. Every time a Wild shows up on a spin, you move up one level and get 2 more free spins. Every three levels you will get an additional multiplier as well. Make it to the top and you’ll get a 1,000-coin bonus (x your bet level), as well as your free spin winnings.
Also new is Theatre of the Night, set in a magical forest with hummingbirds, butterflies, flowers, and fireflies. The “fireflies are magnificent specks of light twinkling and dancing in the night” and are one of the keys to winning on this particular game. The Firefly Respin feature provides 6 free spins when a Wild symbol appears on reels 2/3/4. During those spins, the center reel becomes a Stacked Wild and select symbols also become wild, thereby increasing your payout. While there is no Scatter or other bonus feature, you can win 300x your stake with a specific 5 of a kind.
Even better, since it pays both ways, you actually come away with 600x your bet.
Continuing the trend of offering players a great variety of games, Caesars casino online has added another dozen slots in February, beefing up their slot selection with standards such as Jack Hammer, Pyramid: Quest for Immortality, and Neon Staxx, as well as one of the most unique games to show up online in….maybe ever: Finn and the Swirly Spin.
This new offering from NetEnt eschews the traditional reel set and instead utilizes a 5×5 maze configuration. Wins produce a feature that is similar to Cascading Symbols, called Swirly Spin. Any symbols involved in a win magically disappear and a Golden Star Wild takes its place, then the existing symbols rotate toward the center of the maze and new symbols are added at the beginning, allowing for multiple wins on one spin.
Presiding over the maze is our leprechaun Finn, who provides multiple bonus features like Starfall Wilds, Dragon Destroy, and Magic Transformation. These features help propel your Free Spins Key symbol from the entrance to the maze to the center, where you will earn a 7 free spins. Within the Free Spins round are 4 special configurations, each one requiring more keys to open, with each level providing you with more ways to win.
The addition of those 12 slots has pushed Caesars’ total game count to 417, with 376 slots, nine blackjack games, 10 table games, and 22 video poker options, the most among NJ online casinos.
While the end of February statistics showed that Golden Nugget’s online casino had 495 games, they have since rolled out several more and are now the first operator to offer 500 games in its library. This milestone raises the standards and should keep GN on top in both revenue and game count for the foreseeable future. New games at NJ online casinos will have to continue to compete with the Golden Nugget.
During the month of February, they pumped up their slot selection with some pretty powerful characters:
- Mighty Black Knight: The layout of this game is a bit unusual, in that it has a typical 5×5 reel set for regular play, but a second, blanked out 5×5 reel set sits right on top of it. To activate that second set, you need to land the Black Knight Wild on a winning payline, at which time he expands to the full 10-line height. There is also the typical Scatter (the Rook), which leads to the Free Spins Round. Also on tap is a Big Bet Option, which you can purchase for $20, $30, or $50, depending on how many additional benefits you want on your Big Bet Free Spins.
- King of Atlantis: This slot features King Poseidon and his watery realm, including a Triton Bonus symbol, his crown and ring, and other various remnants from the realm of Atlantis. You’ll find Stacked Symbols and Super Stacked Wilds, also known as Gigantic Wilds. These manifest as large as 2 reels wide and 5 rows long, significantly increasing your chances of winning. And should you want to really take advantage of these Gigantic Wilds, you can place a Wild Side Bet to increase their presence.
- Samurai Split: this slot gives a nod to the warriors of ancient Japan. Set on a beautiful watercolor background, this slot has a few unique features. The first is the Warrior Spin, which is randomly rewarded. This spin utilizes only the main symbols (no Jack-Ace), Wild and Scatter, increasing the odds for a win. Then there is the Split: any symbol in a winning payline can be split by a Samurai warrior. In fact, you might even get multiple splits on one spin, which can increase your prize up to 32x.
Harrah’s has been rather stagnant of late, with very few new offerings, but February was a different story. The NJ online casino added more than a dozen new titles to its slots category and finally broke the 100-mark in the total game count. That’s something to celebrate.
Among the new games that made their way into Harrah’s slot library is the fun Pixies of the Forest, pop culture’s Family Guy, tried-and-true Double Diamond, and… just in time for St. Patrick’s Day: Shamrockers Eire to Rock. This game is based on a fictional band of leprechauns called the Shamrockers, who provide some lovely background music. This game has a Dynamic Stack feature, which you can activate (for a fee). There’s also an Encore Bonus, a feature which triggers randomly after your Free Spins round and allows you to get additional free spins.
Harrah’s total game count now stands at 103, with 98 slots, one blackjack option, and four table games.
Mohegan hit 470 total games this month at their online casino, just 30 games shy of Golden Nugget, the current frontrunner. Their game totals are 432 slots, eight blackjack, 20 video poker, and 10 table games. While they only added five new games, there was a bit of a metallic theme going on with two new games standing out: Golden Chief and Druidess Gold.
Golden Chief draws from Native American culture with its symbols and bonus games. You’ll find Expanding Chief Wilds, Heap Wilds (which can expand to full reel height and up to five reels wide during Free Spins), and Scatter symbols which lead to the Golden Bonus Wheel. On that wheel you can add one of the following to your Free Spins: Cash Canyon, Totem Riches and Free Spin with Heaped Wilds — all of which will increase your overall bonus wins.
Druidess Gold is set out in a non-traditional reel set with a center Reelfecta Reel. This Reelfecta Reel has 16 boxes in a 4×4 grid and increased the paylines to 1,296. It also increases your chances of getting Scatters, which lead to the Ring of Protection Bonus, where Wilds are locked within the Reelfecta Reel. There is also the possibility of a Mega Spin, where the Wild expands to cover all 16 positions on that center reel, resulting in a Mega Win!
While Pala added some cool new games last month, including two Slingo titles, it was the one online casino that didn’t enhance their game catalog in February. Hopefully the casino will gear back up in March, but meanwhile, it does offer 242 slot titles, five blackjack games, eight video poker options, and six table games, for a total of 261.
Eleven is the lucky number for BetMGM online casino, which is the number of slots that made their way onto its NJ online casino. New additions include China Shores, China Mystery, Baywatch, Finn and the Swirly Spin, and Secret of the Stones.
From the depths of the ocean, you can head to ancient Britain and experience Secret of the Stones. Based on Stonehenge and mystical Celtic symbols, this slot features the Tree of Life (Scatter), Wizard (Wild), a deer, owl, bull, wolf, and snake — all with Celtic knots embedded in them — as well as Ten-Ace etched from metal. Get 3 or more Scatters and proceed to the Free Spins bonus round. But first, you will select from 20 stones to reveal your bonus features, which range from extra free spins to multipliers and extra Wilds or Wild reels.
PlayMGM now boasts 274 total games with 255 slot choices, three blackjack variations, 12 video poker games, and four table games.
Resorts is nipping at the heels of Golden Nugget’s online casino, being just about 20 games shy of the leader with 480 total games. It is on a good trajectory to hit 500, adding 14 new slots to their online casino in January. However, the online casino slowed considerably in February, and I show that there are only five new titles. In all fairness, all but one is a brand new game, so the casino is not stocking up on standards but rather offering their customers new experiences.
This month those experiences include Druidess Gold, Wild Dodo, Steam Tower Golden Chief, and Renegades. This last slot features a quintet of women warriors: Raffaela Blaze, Harriet Hellstorm, Freya – Valkyrie of Valhalla, Valda Dragonslayer, and Ivy Sabreclaw. Renegades has an unusual Mega Symbol feature, where 2 or 3 adjacent reels may lock and spin together creating a mega symbol, which can be as large as 3 reels high and 3 reels across.
Last month SugarHouse crossed the 400 mark (408 to be exact), and the online casino in New Jersey continues to add to its stable of games with seven more this month, making for 389 slots, five blackjack options, 15 video poker games, and six table games.
New to the site are Finn and the Swirly Spin, Mighty Black Knight, Great Tiger, Secret of the Stones, Steam Tower, and Great Tiger. Fierce is the word for Great Tiger, an Everi slot with an Asian theme. This game boasts 4,096 paylines over 6 reels, something that is almost unheard of in today’s slots. As you might imagine, the game pays left to right and right to left. The slot features Stacked Symbols and a Firecracker Wild, which makes a happy crackling sound when triggered. The Chinese Coin acts as the Scatter symbol that leads to the Free Spins Bonus. Lucky players can win up to 50 free spins and 300 credits x bet multiplier if they hit 6 Scatter symbols. You’ll need some luck for that!
Tropicana’s NJ online casino now numbers 209 total games. It has added six new slots and Atlantic City Blackjack, bringing those respective totals to 184 and seven, along with eight video poker options and 10 table games.
New to the site during February are the unique Finn and the Swirly Spin — with its maze-like reel set, Scratchcard Shop—part of the popular scratchcard series of games that have hit online casinos in recent months and Mighty Black Knight—with its 100 paylines and Big Bet Option. There’s also Secret of the Stones — based on Stonehenge and ancient Celtic symbolism, Zen Garden —and Asian-inspired slot featuring Cascading Wins, and Steam Tower — where you can climb the industrial tower to earn a big bonus.
Virgin finally broke the 200-game barrier with the addition of five new slots during February. Its game count now stands at 183 slots, six blackjack variations, six video poker options, and 10 table games, for a total of 205 offerings.
Among the new slots titles in its library are Steam Tower, Secret of the Stones, Mighty Black Knight, Finn and the Swirly Spin, and Zen Garden. This last title features eight different orb symbols, each one made from a different item in Asian culture, like the koi, rabbit, and dragon. The blue energy orb acts as the Wild.
There is also a Zen Wild, and when it appears a geyser shoots up creating an Expanded Wild. The game features Cascade Wins/Raining Reels, so that after every win, winning orbs are removed and new orbs rain down onto the reels. Get five or more wins in a row and you enter the Zen Garden Free Spin Feature, where you win both cash and have the potential for additional spins.