December was actually a pretty quiet month at most of NJ’s online casinos. Six casinos saw no change on their sites, while the majority had less than 10 additions. Only one went big, providing a great holiday gift to their players. What’s this mean for gambling online in 2020?
Gambling Online in 2020 – Top NJ Casinos
Let’s take a look at the changes we’ve seen over the last month….
888 Casino has broken the 300-barrier with the addition of over 30 games during the month of December. This comes on top of the 20 new games added in November. They now boast 292 slot titles, 4 Blackjack variations, 3 video poker options and 8 table games, for a grand total of 307. All of the additions to their gaming library were slot titles. There were a few older titles, like Double Da Vinci Diamonds and Secrets of the Forest, but the majority were recently released titles, including:
- Captain Payback
- Double Dinosaur Deluxe
- Magnificent Jewels
- Silver Enchantress
- Way Out Wilds
That first title, Captain Payback, is somewhat cartoon-like with a bit of a retro feel. The game features 5 reels and 50 paylines, bets ranging from 50 cents to $150, and a Jackpot Bonus up to 1,000x. You;’ll find Expanding Wilds, Lightning Strike feature and a Capture Bonus. The basic spin sound is like an old-school slot, and wins announce “It’s payback time,” along with a bell ringing. The bonus has significantly more bells and whistles, with a TV screen announcing the bonus via the Crime Watcher channel. And every time you capture a criminal, its announced on the TV as well. Makes for some fun play.
Mohegan Sun added 11 new slot titles in December and sit in the #4 position. You’ll find 526 slots, 8 Blackjack, 15 video poker and 17 table games available for a total of 565. The latest additions to the site include the following slots:
- Empress of Time: Destiny
- Go Bananas
- Golden Knight II
- Lightning Horseman
- Mayan Goddess
- Secrets of the Forest II: Pixie Paradise
- The Swordsman
- Venice Amore
- Wolf Ridge
Sister site Resorts added an even 10 new games in the last month after having added 8 in November. They have a total of 557 games in their library, including 520 slots, 8 Blackjack, 15 video poker and 14 table games. All slot additions, they are identical to those listed above for Mohegan Sun.
Golden Nugget, New Jersey’s largest online casino, continues to bulk up their gaming library. With a huge 23 games added in November, they added another 8 in December, bringing their total to 670—that’s 71 more games than their nearest competitor. They have the largest slot selection with 622, as well as the most video poker (18) and table games (21). They also have 9 Blackjack variations available. This month they added:
- Empress of Time: Destiny
- Go Bananas
- Horses GO
- Jingle Spin
- Lightning Horseman
- Maximus Payus
- Wild Rover
- Zoltar Speaks
BetAmerica is showing 5 new games on the site. Added during the month of December were China Shores, China Shores High Limit, Go Bananas, Great Guardians and Lotus Land. BetAmerica now has:
- 336 slots (including several High Limit)
- 12 table games
- 9 video poker games
- 6 Blackjack variations
Plus Live Dealer offerings that include:
- Blackjack (multiple tables)
- Casino Hold’em
- Dragon Bonus Baccarat
- Roulette (static view and multi view)
- Unlimited 21 Blackjack
Sugarhouse currently holds the #2 position among NJ online casinos, having a gaming library that is just 1 shy of 600. They have a great selection of games, including 14 video poker options and 13 table games. Among the newest of their 565 slots are:
- Cosmic Jewels
- Eagle’s Flight
- Go Bananas
- Lucky Strip
- Roman Revelry
- Stackin Kracken 7s
- The Wish Master
- Triple Double Da Vinci Diamonds
- Tutan’s Treasure
Caesars also added 5 new games in December, coming into the new year with 569 titles in their gaming library. They now have 536 slot titles, 5 Blackjack, 14 video poker and 14 table games. Amongst their latest additions are:
- Book of Christmas: This new holiday -themed game is a five-reel, 3-row slot that features bets ranging from 10 cents up to $50. In addition to the Free Spins Bonus, there is a Gamble feature, which we rarely see in new games these days.
- Empress of Time: Destiny: this High 5 product has a stylized steampunk flair, 243 ways to win and features like Multiplying Wilds and a Bonus Select feature that allows you to choose your spins and multiplier.
- Go Bananas: You might want to monkey around with this one, given that it has a return to player percentage of 96.91%. This game has a Wild symbol which is activated by one of 5 different monkeys—an adorable baby monkey, a Monkey King, a white snow monkey, a very girly orangutan, and a very colorful Mandrill. When any of these appear, they turn themselves and one or more adjacent symbols into Wilds, making for some nice wins.
- Jingle Spin: Another holiday-themed slot that features some adorable elves, a cool soundtrack and a unique Spreading Wild Bauble that can award you with prizes, free spins and surprises.
- Lightning Horseman: This new slot, from Lightning Box Games, features 40 paylines and bets from 40 cents to $50. You’ll find a Flippin Retrigger, Lightning Respin and 4 jackpots.
Pala’s NJ online casino added 4 new titles in December, but only showed an increase of 1 overall, meaning several titles were dropped. Sitting in the #10 position overall, they now have 338 titles. The December additions included on Blackjack variation (Blazing 7s Blackjack) and three slot titles: Jin Ji Bao Xi, OMG Kittens, and Wild Streets.
Betfair has been adding games in dribs and drabs, with 4 new titles showing up in November and only 2 in December (Dragon’s Gems and Jingle Spin). You’ll now find 373 slot titles, 8 Blackjack variations, 9 video poker options and 17 table games on the site. That makes a total of 408 games now available on the site.
DraftKings went big in November, adding 18 new titles to their gaming library, but December brought just 2 new games, both centered on the holiday: Jingle Spin and Lunar New Year. They now have a total of 129 games, including:
- 101 slots
- 12 Blackjack variations
- 4 video poker options
- 14 table games
What’s in store for gambling online in 2020 at DraftKings?
Hard Rock also brought in two new titles in December, the fun Go Bananas and Medusa Megaways, a sequel to Medusa I and II. This game features tumbling reels, 1,800 megaways and a potential max payout of 50,000x your bet, which is pretty hefty. The Free Spins bonus has a Replay feature, where you can gamble your win to spin again. You can also buy a pass to go straight to the Free Spins round, but it’s a hefty fee (100x your total bet), and most players will try to get there the old-fashioned way.
Hard Rock now has:
- 378 slots
- 3 Blackjack
- 7 video poker
- 9 table games
Just three more titles and they will enter the 400-game realm, which is very impressive for an online casino that is less than 2 years old.
Status Quo for gambling online in 2020
The following NJ online casinos maintained their status quo during the month of December: