888 Sport in New Jersey is now available in the Garden State.
A subsidiary of the Gibraltar-based 888 Holdings, 888 already operates online casinos and poker sites in New Jersey and Nevada.
888 Sportsbook welcome bonus
New players at 888 Sport NJ can get a no deposit bonus of $10 in free bets. On top of this, 888 Sport has a first deposit bonus match of 100 percent up to $500.
The following is some detail on 888 Sport based on the international site:
888 Promo Code Bonus Offer – August 2019
Do you enjoy college basketball? Would you like a chance to double winnings up to $100 daily? Then 888 sportsbook has you covered with the 888sport NCAA Challenge. Here’s how to works:
- Offer is only available once per day per player.
- Offer is only available 20 times during the promotional period.
- Place a real money wager with odds of -200 or higher with at least three legs.
- Only NCAA games are eligible for this promotion.
- Only first parlay bet counts towards the challenge.
888 Sportsbook deposits
888 Sport will make it easy to make your first deposit and get started placing sports bets. Once logged in, you will visit the cashier area. Click on the option you want to use and you can start placing bets right away.
Here’s a quick overview of the most popular deposit options that will likely be available at 888 Sport NJ:
- Visa: The Visa network of credit cards is an easy way to make a deposit. Simply use your card the same way you pay for anything else online.
- Mastercard: Mastercard is another popular credit card option for making online deposits. If your Mastercard deposit is declined, contact customer support for other options that might not be listed in the cashier area. Some credit card companies deny deposits to gambling companies.
- Bank transfers and wires: Bank transfers and wires are a safe way to make deposits. Your money is transferred directly from your bank to 888Sport.
- Neteller: Neteller is a popular e-wallet account you can use to make fast deposits and withdrawals.
- PayPal: PayPal is an e-wallet used by millions of people around the world. Deposits are quick and you can use PayPal to shop at thousands of places online.
888 Sportsbook withdrawals
888 Sport will operate its deposits and withdrawals like most legitimate NJ online gambling operators, which means two things for players:
- If you follow the rules and deal with a reputable company like 888, your money should be safe.
- It’s faster and easier to make a deposit than a withdrawal.
The good news is 888 has built a solid reputation for fair dealing and customer service, and it’s usually easy to make a deposit and start playing. On the other hand, it can be frustrating to wait on cashout requests. But if you know what to expect you will be prepared before you cash out your winnings.
The primary requirement for processing a cash out request will be verification. You have to provide proof of who you are and where you live because of banking laws before you can get money out of the sportsbook. These requirements can usually be met by sending in a copy of a photo ID, like a driver’s license, and a copy of a utility bill with the same address as the one on your account.
If you want to be able to get your withdrawals quicker, contact support and ask if you can start the verification process when you make a deposit.
- Bank transfers and wires: Always check to see if there are fees associated with bank transfer and wires. If you don’t have to pay a fee, wires and transfers are the safest ways to process cash out requests.
- PayPal: You can receive your withdrawal to your PayPal account quickly.
- Neteller: Cash out requests to your Neteller account are usually fast.
- Check: Though it’s the slowest withdrawal method, requesting a check is easy. 888 Sport will mail you a check and you can cash it at your bank.
Betting options at 888 Sportsbook in NJ
888 Sport will offer the same betting options that you find in most sportsbooks in Las Vegas. You can place bets on all of the popular sporting events played around the world, and on many events in sports that aren’t considered popular.
The most popular sports in the US include:
- NFL football
- NCAA football
- MLB baseball
- NBA basketball
- NCAA basketball
- NHL hockey
Other available sports bets may include:
- Auto racing
- Harness horse racing
- Thoroughbred horse racing
This list is only partial, but the bottom line is you will be able to bet on many different contests every day of the year. You can also make in-game bets and prop bets on many contests.
An in-game bet is one placed after the start of a contest. These can range from simple bets, like which team will score next, to more advanced wagers like which team will have the most yards in a quarter or if the next hitter will get on base.
All of the usual betting options will be available, including moneylines, regular lines, over/under wagers, puck lines, run lines, and win/place/show bets. When you look up a contest after logging into your account, you will see all of the available wagering options.
888 Sportsbook mobile app
888 Sport in New Jersey will likely offer a complete mobile betting platform for both Apple products using iOS and Android products.
Once you have the app, you will be able to place all of the same wagers as you can on a regular computer. You will likely be able to use the mobile betting platform on most mobile phones and tablets. If you use a larger device, like a tablet, you can use either the mobile app or use your web browser to access the main site.
888 Sport FAQ
I read an article in the newspaper that said online sports betting was illegal. Can I get arrested for placing bets online?
Before we answer this question, you need to understand that we aren’t lawyers, and we don’t offer legal advice. If you have questions about getting arrested, you should contact an attorney. Recently the laws in the US concerning sports betting have changed.
The federal laws changed to allow the individual states to determine the laws in each state concerning sports betting. New Jersey already has legal online poker and casino games for players located in the state and are adding legal sports betting.
Can I win betting on sports in the long run in New Jersey, or is it like slots where the house edge will eventually make me a long-term loser?
If you can bet on sports anywhere else and make money, you can make money betting on them in New Jersey. Some players can beat the sportsbooks, but we can’t promise that you’ll be able to. The odds offered are fair and 888 Sportsbook has a good reputation for dealing fairly with its customers.
I don’t live in New Jersey, but I travel to the state often for business. Can I make bets at 888 Sport?
The way the laws are currently written, players have to be in the state of New Jersey when they place bets. 888 Sportsbook will likely use special software to make sure all bets are placed inside state lines. You don’t have to live in NJ to place bets.
What are the best sports bets to make if I’m just getting started?
The moneyline bets are a good place to start. You need to pick which team is going to win and you don’t have to worry about point spreads.
888 Sport history
888 is a worldwide gambling brand currently operated under the name 888 Holdings. The company started with one of the first online casinos, Casino on Net, in 1997. The company was founded by Aaron Shaked, Avi Shaked, Ron Ben-Yitzhak, and Shay Ben-Yitzhak.
888 Holdings was first listed on the London Stock Exchange in 2005 and joined the FTSE 250 Index in 2007. The company’s revenue was $541.8 million in 2017.
888 Sport’s international site was launched in 2008 and is cross-promoted with the casino, poker, and bingo companies sharing the 888 brand.
888 Sport NJ
Part of a wave of September 2018 online sportsbook launches, 888 Sport NJ is well-known for its bet variety. Also of note for 888 Sport NJ is its brand recognition, since it is the NJ sports betting arm of 888 Casino and 888 Poker. 888 Sport’s New Jersey site is intuitive and easy to use but lacks simplicity which can be hard for new sports bettors to grasp. In any case, 888 Sport’s bonus is of high caliber and the site is still worth a peek.