May revenue reports are in and legal online casinos in NJ had their second largest month to date, with a total combined income of $36.6 million, just about 3 million shy of March’s record-setting number of $39 million.
That’s more than half again what they earned this time last year. And if you look at the combined income of the best NJ online casinos, poker and sports betting, you’ll see $53 million in revenue, breaking all records.
May was a big sports betting month, with March Madness, NHL and NBA playoff games, the start of major league baseball, and the 2019 Masters Tournament all going on, not to mention early bets on the Kentucky Derby.
All of this, combined with NJ online casinos constantly upgrading their gaming libraries and offering new and exciting promotions, help make a better experience for all of you.
Coming into June, the majority of NJ’s online casinos added less than 10 games, although there were exceptions to the rule. Let’s take a look at what’s transpired over the last month….
Exceptions to the Rule
SugarHouse was the big winner this month with the addition of 14 new slot titles, bringing their total library to 559 and placing them in the 4th position, size wise. Slots now number 526, including the following new titles:
- Celestial Sun Riches
- Dino Dollars
- Ghostbusters Spectral Search
- Gypsy Fire Quick Strike Online
- Leonidas: King of the Spartans
- Mad Scatter’s Tea Party
- Panda Pow
- Respin Rhino
- Serengeti Diamonds
- Serengeti Lions – Stellar Jackpots
- Tiger 7s
- Wheel of Fortune Hawaiian Getaway
Also ending the month just above the cut is Pala, with 10 new slots and 1 new video poker game (Destiny Poker). The majority of their additions have already been seen at other casinos in recent months, and include Daimyo, Four Guardians, Lucky Shih Tzu and World of Ripley’s.
They came into June with 317 slots, 4 Blackjack variations, 9 video poker options and 9 table games, for a grand total of 339.
One to Ten
Nine casinos had additions that ranged from 1 to 10 games, including perpetual leader Golden Nugget. GN not only has the most games, they also have the most games in each category, including slots (562), Blackjack (15), video poker (17) and table games (19).
The library now stands at 613, including the 8 new slots that debuted. These include exclusive game Raiden V, as well as Scudamore’s Super Stakes, Captain Payback, Golden Grimoire, and more.
Caesars, our #5 casino by size of their gaming library, added 9 total games during May. They recently hit the 500 mark and continue their rise with sports-related additions like 1st Down, Scudamore’s Super Stakes and Horses Go!
They also added the interesting Amazing Ripley’s Believe It or Not and popular Wheel of Fortune: Hawaiian Getaway, among others. They now have 513 titles, including 482 slots, 5 Blackjack options, 15 video poker variations and 11 table games.
In descending order of game additions are:
- BetAmerica: This up-and-coming NJ online casino is making a name for itself with regular additions, including 8 during May. There were a few older titles, like Coins of Egypt, Ghost Pirates, Wild-O-Tron 3000 and Harley Davison Freedom Tour, as well as newbies Scudamore’s Super Stakes, Football: Champions Cup, Space Wars, and Ninja Gold High Limit.
- Betfair: Last month Betfair broke the 400-mark and this month they added to that total with 7 new slots. They also dropped 1 table game and 1 slot along the way, leaving them with a total of 406 titles in the gaming library. Their newest titles are AbraCardAbra, Astro Cat, Legend of the White Buffalo, Leonidas: King of the Spartans, Moon Temple, Scudamore’s Super Stakes and Witchcraft Academy.
- Borgata: In the middle of the pack, Borgata has 411 total games, including 6 new slots added in the last month: Celestial Sun Riches, Golden Grimoire, La Bomba, Mammoth Power, Scudamore’s Super Stakes and Space Wars. In addition to 389 slots, they have 6 Blackjack variations, 12 video poker and 4 table games.
- playMGM: Six new slots debuted at playMGM in the last month, bringing their gaming library up to 426. Additions included Celestial Sun Riches, Golden Grimoire, La Bomba, Mammoth Power, Scudamore’s Super Stakes and Space Wars
- Mohegan Sun and Resorts: These sister casinos both added 4 titles to their libraries, which is actually pretty small compared to last month when 20 debuted. You’ll find Captain Payback, Golden Grimoire, Scudamore’s Super Stakes and Wheel of Fortune: Hawaiian Getaway available. Resorts clocks in at the #2 spot with 563 titles, while Mohegan sits at #3 with 558.
- Ocean: This online casino was quiet during the first quarter but is making up for it and adding new title each month. They come into June with 251 games, still one of the smallest in the state. But 3 new additions made their way to the site, including Scudamore’s Super Stakes, Space Wars and Strolling Staxx: Cubic Fruits.
Two casinos added just one new game during May. Tropicana and sister site Virgin brought in the most popular game of the month: Scudamore’s Super Stakes.
This game debuted at 11 NJ online casinos and took advantage of all the hype and frenzy around racing’s Triple Crown events. It has a unique Bet Slip feature that allows for an optional side bet. Definitely worth checking out.
Among the casinos that did not add any new games to their library are: