Bet365 Sports became New Jersey’s 16th online sportsbook when it launched in the Garden State in August 2019.
Bet365 was founded in 2000 as a chain of UK sports betting shops. The company sold the shops in 2005 to focus on online gambling and is now one of the world’s largest online gambling companies.
Bet365 currently runs various sports betting, poker, casino and bingo sites in Europe.
The company has entered the NJ sports betting market under the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City gaming license. Bet365 inked a deal with Hard Rock just prior to the property’s June 28, 2018, opening.
It has brought the slick and easy-to-use software that has become the hallmark of the Bet365 brand in Europe here to NJ.
The Bet365 Sports NJ website and apps are easy to navigate. Drop-down menus give users clear access to all available betting markets and the most popular are front and center. Plus, the bet slip building features make adding a wager as simple as clicking a price.
Additionally, the “Top Event” and promo tabs give players quick access to Bet365’s most unique features, including early payout offers for MLB, NHL and NBA games.
Bet365 Sports also offers new players some top-notch bonuses. See below on how to take advantage of the current offers at Bet365 Sports.
Bet365 Sports welcome bonus
Sign up for a new account, make a deposit from $10 to $100, make bets equaling the amount of the deposit, and Bet365 will match it in bet credits.
Essentially, that’s up to $100 in risk-free bets for new customers.
Once your initial bets settle, Bet365 will give you the bet credits, which allow you to place your next wagers without risking your cash. Any returns from bets made with bet credits are withdrawable.
Players have 30 days after signing up to claim this offer.
You must visit the “Services” menu, choose “My Offers” and click “Claim Now” on the relevant offer. Players who make multiple deposits before claiming will have their largest deposit count. But the offer is capped at $100.
Bet365 Sports promo code
|bet365 Sportsbook Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|First Deposit Bonus||Up to $100 in bonus credits|
|Last verified:||December 2020|
Signing up for Bet365 Sports
Bet365 Sports makes signing up a breeze.
The process is quick, straightforward, and requires only a minimal amount of personal details. You must provide your date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number and a valid email address.
Have all that ready, and you’ll be betting on sports in no time.
No banking information is necessary until you’re ready to make a deposit. However, you must provide your proof of age and a geolocation ping.
Players can sign up for Bet365 Sports through either its mobile app or web browser:
App Download: You can download the Bet365 Sports app on iOS or Android mobile devices via links at the Bet365 website. Sign up will initiate once you open the downloaded app. Follow the on-screen directions, and you’ll be browsing through the available betting markets in minutes.
Browser: You can access the same sign-up process via a web browser. Navigate to the Bet365 website, and if the sign-up process doesn’t initiate, click the “Join” tab on the top right of the screen.
Betting on Bet365 Sports
Placing bets on Bet365 Sports requires the construction of a bet slip. Thankfully, Bet365 Sports makes this easy.
Just browse through the available betting markets until you find something you want to bet on. Click on the price, and it’ll show up on your bet slip. If there’s been a change in the odds, you’ll need to confirm that you still want to bet on it.
Then, type in the amount you want to bet, and Bet365 will tell you what the win will pay. Finally, click on the “Place Bet” tab to confirm your choice.
Here are the various types of wagers available at Bet365 Sports:
- Moneyline betting: Moneyline bets are the easiest sports wagers available. Bet365 Sports posts odds based on a team’s chances of winning. You pick a winner and lock in the bet at odds posted at the time you make it. If your pick wins, you win.
- Futures betting: Futures are bets you place on a team winning a title or a certain number of games throughout an entire season. Bet365 Sports posts futures odds during the preseason based on a team’s chances and adjusts these odds throughout the year. An example is predicting early in the season which NFL team will win the Super Bowl.
- Point spread betting: Spreads, aka point spreads, are bets made with a line set by Bet365 Sports that must be factored into the final score to determine a betting winner.
- Totals betting (over/under): Totals, aka over/under bets are wagers on whether the total final score of a game will be over or under a line set by Bet365 Sports.
- Parlay betting: Parlay wagering combines two or more bets into one. The payouts are more abundant because you must win all the bets for the parlay to pay. Add two or more wagers to a bet slip, and Bet365 Sports will give you the various parlay options on the bottom.
In-play, aka live betting, is the act of wagering on an ongoing game. Bet365 Sports adjust the odds on these lines as the action changes.
In-play bets can include everything from game-winners to the outcome of the next play. The pace of in-play betting makes it perfect for mobile wagering.
Sports available on Bet365
Bet365 Sports posts odds for a variety of sporting events from all around the world.
Here is the complete list of sports available to bet on through Bet365:
- Australian Rule Football
Bet365 Casino games
There’s also a Bet365 online casino.
Players can access the online casino through the website by clicking the “Casino” tab at the top of the page.
Bet365 Sports mobile app users will need to download a separate app to play at Bet365 Casino. However, they can use a shared wallet, meaning there’s no need for separate accounts or deposits.
Bet365 Casino features about 100 slots, table games, arcade and jackpot games.
Some of the most popular games include:
- Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (slot)
- Divine Fortune (slot)
- French, American and European roulette
Things to know
- Bet365 Casino is available through the casino app on the Bet365 Sports webpage.
- The Bet365 Casino app is a separate platform, but casino and sportsbook users can share one wallet.
Exceptional areas of Bet365 Sports
Bet365 Sports has the advantage of years of experience in the European sports betting market.
The product may be new to New Jersey, but it has clearly been built on the back of input from experienced sports bettors across the pond.
These are the three most prominent areas where Bet365 Sports excels:
- Bet slip building: If you can click on it, you can bet on it. Plus, Bet365 Sports shows you all the options right on your bet slip. You can easily see the outcome of what you’re thinking of betting on and change from parlays to straight bets with the click of a button.
- Sign up: It’s one small window of tabs to fill out before you’re a Bet365 Sports account holder. It doesn’t get any easier than that.
- Promos: Bet365 Sports may not have the most promos in the NJ sports betting market, but they might be the easiest to find. Boxes on the right-hand side of the page under the bet slip make betting on the latest promos easy. Plus, even more importantly, it gets you to all the information about these promos quickly, so you can easily understand just what you’re betting.
Three areas where Bet365 Sports could improve
- Sign-up bonus: Deposit match bonuses are great, but a little something for nothing goes a long way. Bet365 Sports could use a no-deposit bonus to draw in new customers.
- Two apps too many: If you’re sharing a wallet and an account, shouldn’t there be only one Bet365 app for sports betting and casino?
- No newsfeed: The live, in-play betting options are front and center. However, a live sports news feed would make Bet365 Sports a one-stop-shop for sports betting and information.
Depositing and withdrawing funds
Bet365 Sports makes getting your money on and off the site quite easy.
Bet365 deposit options include:
- Cash (at Hard Rock AC)
- Credit or debit card
- Bank transfer
Your method of withdrawal depends on your method of deposit.
Bet365 Sports FAQ
How old does someone have to be to play Bet365?
Like all other NJ gambling and sports betting entities, Bet365 Sports players must be at least 21 years old.
Do you have to play in New Jersey?
Bet365 Sports has been available in Europe for years. But here in New Jersey, players must be inside state lines to place bets. You do not have to be a New Jersey resident, though. Anyone in New Jersey and 21 or older can bet.
Where did Bet365 Sports get its gambling license?
Online sportsbooks are required to have a physical partner in NJ. Bet365 Sports is partners with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Atlantic City. The state’s Division of Gaming Enforcement has also approved the agreement between the two and authorized Bet365 to operate inside NJ.
Bet365 Sports is one of Europe’s top online sports betting operators for many reasons.
Whether that success will translate to NJ remains to be seen. However, the easy-to-use and intuitive software combined with the variety of betting options and attractive promos suggest its possible.
Outside of lack of US name recognition, there isn’t any reason why Bet365 Sports cannot ascend to the top of the NJ sports betting market in good time.
Bet365 and NJ sports betting
Bet365 and Hard Rock Atlantic City join a growing list of NJ sportsbook and sports betting sites. New Jersey lawmakers made sports betting legal at casinos and racetracks June 11. The state was given the go-ahead to pass sports betting legislation when the U.S. Supreme Court lifted a federal ban on sports betting May 14.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa is currently running sports betting operations out of its Borgata Racebook, which has been renamed the Borgata Race & Sports Book. MGM Resorts is also in the final stages of design plans to remodel the Borgata Race & Sports Book.
The former Revel Casino Hotel reopened as Ocean Resort Casino on June 28. It is also running sports betting operations with UK bookmaking competitor William Hill US in a temporary facility. Its William Hill Sportsbook, in the middle of the casino floor, will become operational in September 2018. But in the meantime, a temporary sportsbook is up and running.
Monmouth Park racetrack in Oceanport is home to its own William Hill Sportsbook. It was the first sportsbook in New Jersey to start taking bets.
Finally, fantasy sports operator FanDuel, which recently merged with Betfair US, opened the FanDuel Sportsbook at the Meadowlands Racetrack on July 14.